Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alask1
Level 7

Black screen after bouncing Roku logo

My Roku steaming stick plus turns on and plays the bouncing logo but then goes to a black screen. There is no audio on the black screen.  Just the logo with audio then nothing.  I’ve tried a bunch of the stuff recommended but it seems most people have a black screen but can still hear sound effects when pressing remote button. My old Roku works fine In The same hdmi port.  Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JCLee
Level 7

Re: Black screen after bouncing Roku logo

Same problem. Goes to home screen but when going to select channel, get black screen. Help, someone!$

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JCLee @Alask1 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rralah
Level 7

Hi

I've got the same issue. Were you able to resolve it, if so how?

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rralah! Have you tried restarting your player? Can you give us more information about what you're seeing?

Thanks,

Austin

0 Kudos
rralah
Level 7

Hi @RokuAustin 

Just getting the Roku splash screen and then a black screen. TV shows no signal from the HDMI port. I have put the power cable into the mains and same happens. Roku stick has been taken out and HDMI port works with other equipment 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rralah

Thanks for the information.

Is there a light on the Roku device when you are experiencing this issue? How are you powering the Roku device?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried using the Roku device on another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos