Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldGI

Auto detect for HD may not be working-says will be 1080 but then switches to 720 when I go on

Am setting up new Express 4K+.  Got to step of auto detect for HD display.  Roku answered 1080, but when I moved on to next step it switched to only 720.  I went on to the next step and tried to manually switch back to 1080 which my TV supports.  Got on to next step where screen shows "activate your Roku player" and at bottom of screen says "Enter your email address".   I can't enter an email address because this screen shows no online keyboard. I tried to go back--can't do it.  Tried to get online help--Express 4K+is not eligible for chat or phone support.  I looked for article, and I cannot find any on this problem.  Solution?

I would like to go back and start all over again, but cannot figure out how I can go back or even if it is possible to go back?  Solution?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Auto detect for HD may not be working-says will be 1080 but then switches to 720 when I go on

Unplug the power and plug it back in.  When you get to the email screen press OK to bring up the keyboard.  You may have to use the arrows to highlight something on the screen before you press OK (I can't recall).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos