Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msbates2004
Level 7

Audio only

I just viewed a 10-minute preview then logged in to get the code to subscribe. I then selected the channel but I am only getting audio. The screen is giving me another code. I logged back into Provider to type in the new code but it states: Your Device has been connected and is now ready to stream.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Audio only

thats nice which channel is it???

so youre subscribed whats the problemO?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
msbates2004
Level 7

I was interested in loading all the major News channels. The first one I saw was FoxNews. I logged into my provider and went to foxnews.com/connect and typed in the code I had been given. It stated that I was subscribed.  Went back to open FoxNews and selected LIVE programming. The program is audible but there is no picture. The screen says to Log In To Your Provider. Please go to foxnews.com/connect on your computer or mobile device and enter the code below. Shows a code and the option to get a New Code. 

What do I need to do to get the picture to go with the audible programming?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@msbates2004

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Fox News support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Fox News support here: https://www.foxnews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
msbates2004
Level 7

Thanks, Danny, for your reply. I thought about contacting Fox but decided not to since I figured they would not want me to be streaming their program free of charge with the Roku app.

I removed the app I which was only giving me audio and started all over but the same thing was happening.....audio but no video.  After much ado I finally -- within the past hour -- do have audio and video programming but it appears to be delayed even though the LIVE notation is on the screen. I can probably live with that.

Now I need to know how to discontinue service and payment on the app I have been subscribing to for sometime in order for me to see any of the major news programs. How do I unsubscribe?

0 Kudos