Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lawsuite

Re: At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

We plugged in a Amazon Fire stick to our tv. It automatically went to the Roku activate your TV and ask for an email address. I just want this **bleep** off my TV. I am setting here for hours looking at a screen that pertains to Roku. I sent the eamilmin hopes I could cancel but then it wants a CC. Not from me! I want my TV back NOW! It is being held hostage by Roku. Wonder how the FCC will feel about this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

@Lawsuite I am not following you. First off, do you have a Roku TV? If so, had it already been linked to a Roku user account? That's a one time process, and it shouldn't be looking to link it again. 

You don't need a CC to link a Roku device to a user account. Yes, a CC is required to create a user account, but you can also remove the CC from the account once it's set up. A CC is not needed to keep an account functional. 

Connecting a Fire Stick to a Roku TV should not trigger the account activation, unless the TV is brand new and hadn't been linked to an account yet. Please provide some additional information, such as your TV brand. If it is a Roku TV, it's not actually built and sold by Roku, but someone like TCL, Hisense, Sharp, Insignia, and others. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
elizkory

I go through the whole process, including receiving the activation email, but then it starts all over.  Did a hard reset, but no difference.  I have been through the whole activation process six times and it keeps going back to the start.  Really frustrated.  Only a bedroom 32 inch tv but it has less than 50 hours on it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@elizkory

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Continue to the main screen without using internet or connecting to wifi. Once you get to the main screen, then you can connect to your wifi and send the activation link to your email. Go to your email and complete the setup of your Roku TV. It should activate. If not, factory reset, then do what I said above 👍

Majic

Just unplug your Wi-Fi and restart your tv I just had same issue, but all set now

0 Kudos
Teknophobe

FYI:

I had the exact same problem and tried activating about 10 times going in circles, stuck on the email screen kept saying unable to send, with no response with any other ROKU remote button, tried resetting multiple times, rebooting WIFI, power cycling equipment etc. I finally solved the problem by setting up a separate Guest WIFI network with no password once I connected to network the activation went right through. Conclusion the issue appears to be related to the WIFI authentication or security.  Hopes this helps someone else out there

Rps556

What is RokU all? Don’t see that app

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Rps556, we don't currently have an app called "Roku all", just wanted to confirm this for you! Also, this link may be useful for you to get a general understanding of how your Roku device works: https://www.roku.com/how-it-works. If you have any other questions please let us know. 

0 Kudos