Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anakhwa

Re: At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

Same problem on TCL 6. Everything on the screen in unresponsive

0 Kudos
anakhwa

Re: At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

SOLVED!!

Install Roku all on your phone. The app detected TV on network and it was possible to enter email address from phone and activate/associate TV with Roku account.

Betty2523
Reel Rookie

JForseth1992, did you get your issue fixed?  I am having the same issue and I have been using the same Roku stick for over 2 years, now it's asking me to activate it when I have had it activated for a long time.  It is stuck on the same screen as yours and it won't let me do anything.  Does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Betty2523,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?
If you are still unable to proceed with activating the device, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding the activation process: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device? 

If you still need help, please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Betty2523
Reel Rookie

Hi JForseth1992, no I never got it resolved.  It seems it doesn't work anymore.  I am accessing my APPS through the TV remote which has almost all the APPS downloaded to my Sony TV.  I was not aware that I could do that until the Roku went down.  As far as the Roku stick is concerned, I did not get a reply from the Roku CS people.

0 Kudos
Betty2523
Reel Rookie

Hello IT People,

I tried this before coming to this page and it did not work.  It still does the same thing, it's as if it's stuck in a vicious cycle.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Betty2523,

Thanks for the update.

If you are still having any issues with activating your device after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device and additional details of the issue you're experiencing so we can assist further.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sorayita8712
Reel Rookie

I am not receiving any email to activate the roku

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sorayita8712,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

What to do if you don't receive an activation email from Roku

If you do not receive an activation email from Roku after completing the activation steps, there are a few things to check to ensure you are able to receive the email and complete activation. If you still do not see an activation email in your inbox, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer. In some cases, it can take several minutes before you receive the activation email. Be sure to wait a few minutes before moving forward with troubleshooting steps.

• Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.

• Check your spam folder. Your email may be set up to automatically block emails from unrecognized senders and place these messages in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox.

If you are still having any issues with activating your device after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device and additional details of the issue you're experiencing so we can assist further.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sorayita8712
Reel Rookie

It finally worked with my husband’s hotspot!

0 Kudos