Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

I got about 20-30 new ROKU TVs for my place of work. I have to skip the ROKU account sign in and avoid using the internet because I cannot have my credit card information on these TVs that other people are using. I have successfully got the cable hooked up by just hitting the option to "connect to the internet later". I have two ROKU TVs - one is a Sanyo and the other is a TCL - that are stuck on the activation screen. it is the first thing that comes on when you turn the TV on. It is saying to reenter your ROKU account email (Someone logged into their own account at one time). It wont let me go to the home page to go to settings to factory reset it. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and that screen wont go away. I don't want to add an email to this TV. It WILL NOT go off of this screen no matter what button I use.  The remote works as it lets me enter in an email address if I wanted. Hope someone can help.

28 REPLIES 28
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

No reset button on the back of these sets somewhere?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MattnMar

Re: At activation screen asking for email, cant get off the screen, home button does NOT work

I'm having exact same issue.  Remote is nonresponsive.  Tried resetting with button and then got stuck on "recovery mode" screen.  Unplugged TV per some internet info and now am back to activation screen where it is asking me for an email, but not allowing me to do anything.  Really really frustrating.  Can we please get a decent reply?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MattnMar 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When it prompts you to input your email address to be sent an activation link, are you unable to input your email? Have you tried pressing the directional buttons or the OK button?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bletulle

My tv is stuck on the activate our tv screen and nothing works to get off that screen - can anyone tell me how to get back to my regular tv screen?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@bletulle 

You can't use a Roku without it being activated to a Roku user account. That has to be done to get past that screen. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Sawdra

This is the issue I am having as well. I cannot enter anything in on my TV and I won't let me go any further. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sawdra

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When it prompts you to input your email address to be sent an activation link, are you unable to input your email? Have you tried pressing the directional buttons or the OK button?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello out there to Danny the Moderator....

Its a common problem. The OS in the Express is ROKU account unaware and it doesn't give the option of anything other than entering exactly what its asking for.... This isn't a very well thought out product compared to every other ROKU device I've owned.

0 Kudos
AGladden

Can't get off the screen after inputting email address AND Activating device through emailed link. The screen sits there and NOTHING  works to continue. I can't believe I waisted money on this!