Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Always bouncing Roku when powered up

Jump to solution

I recently cut the cord and set up our 5 TV's with Roku (streaming stick +).  Everything is working fine, except for one issue with one TV.  The other 4 TV's will generally (always?) come up in screen saver mode when powered up, but one TV always comes up in "bouncing Roku" mode?  This is annoying because it takes extra time to initialize.  Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Always bouncing Roku when powered up

Jump to solution

When the tv is off the power to the usb port is off too, its like always pulling the plug from wall, when powered on it has to reboot each time. With it connected to the wall directly it has power all the time.

Edmund

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

How is the stick powered, by tv usb port or plugged in to a wall outlet?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

USB; others are mix of both.

More info:

The problematic TV drops the wifi connection when the TV is turned off.  The other 4, non-problematic TV's do not.  They all should have been set up the same way?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just tried the wall plug instead of the TV USB power connection and that appears to have solved the problem.  Can anyone tell me why?  I have another newer tv that is using the TV USB power plug and it does not have the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

When the tv is off the power to the usb port is off too, its like always pulling the plug from wall, when powered on it has to reboot each time. With it connected to the wall directly it has power all the time.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks!  But then why does my newer set that uses the USB port not have the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do you fixed this its  a new roku I purchased Friday January 31

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Plug it directly into the wall, not into the USB port.

0 Kudos