Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Already an Amazon Prime and Netflix subscriber can i view through Roku?

I already have paid subscriptions to Prime and Netflix. I want to view on a non-smart TV using external Roku device.  Before buying the Roku device I want to check if it will allow me to do what I want to achieve.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Already an Amazon Prime and Netflix subscriber can i view through Roku?

@Tedmeister1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about Roku devices and what is needed for setting up, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® streaming player?

If you have any other questions, feel free to continue to post in the Community. We will be happy to assist you!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes you can.  That's what I do.  I consider Roku as a dashboard that keeps everything organized.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@Tedmeister1 wrote:

I already have paid subscriptions to Prime and Netflix. I want to view on a non-smart TV using external Roku device.  Before buying the Roku device I want to check if it will allow me to do what I want to achieve.  

Not only Amazon and Netflix, but on a Roku player you can get Hulu, Vudu, YouTube and a vast amount of other content, both free and subscription based. But yes, if you have Amazon Prime and Netflix, you can easily add your account to a Roku player and watch them. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos