Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Adding existing subscription services (Netflix, Hulu with Live TV, Philo and others to a new ROKU

Jump to solution

I am cutting the cable cord next week. On Monday Dec 9th, I will receive 3 Roku Premiere devices. I already subscribe to Amazon Prime, Netflix, CBS All Access, BritBox, Hulu with Live TV, CBS All Access and Philo.  How to I connect these services to my new Roku without having to pay a new monthly fee?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Adding existing subscription services (Netflix, Hulu with Live TV, Philo and others to a new ROK

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Once you receive your devices, you will need to add those channels (apps) to your device. For more information on how to add a channel to your device, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Once you have added those channels, you will need to log in and authenticate your account within each of those channels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to continue to post in the Community and we will all be happy to assist you.

Happy Streaming!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Adding existing subscription services (Netflix, Hulu with Live TV, Philo and others to a new ROK

Jump to solution

In the case of Britbox and CBS ALL Access each can be subscribe through different services, so if you pay them directly add the stand alone app and sign in. If its through Roku, Amazon, or someone else don't add the stand alone channels and certainly don't sign in to them! Go through the parent service instead.

Edmund

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Once you receive your devices, you will need to add those channels (apps) to your device. For more information on how to add a channel to your device, visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

Once you have added those channels, you will need to log in and authenticate your account within each of those channels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to continue to post in the Community and we will all be happy to assist you.

Happy Streaming!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

In the case of Britbox and CBS ALL Access each can be subscribe through different services, so if you pay them directly add the stand alone app and sign in. If its through Roku, Amazon, or someone else don't add the stand alone channels and certainly don't sign in to them! Go through the parent service instead.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks I just finished setting up 3 Roku devices, no problems and got my already subscribed services all set up without getting double charged.  It was a smooth and easy process

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a long tiresome process to add existing services to the device.  Using a remote to type in complicated usernames and passwords is ill-advised.  I was told there was an easier way on the website but have failed to find it.  It shouldn't take us hours to set up this device.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You should download the Roku app on your phone.  After you connect your devices to the app (follow in app guidelines), it has a remote control function.  Within the remote control function, there is a keyboard.  Then you can use the keyboard to log in to the apps on the Roku!  It's super efficient compared to using the actual remote control to do this. 

0 Kudos