Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding additional TV's

Jump to solution

Hi there, I am am about to add 2 new TV's to our home and hopefully link them to our existing account.  Do I need to order 2 new Roku streaming devices in order to do this?  Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Adding additional TV's

Jump to solution

Unless the TV's have Roku built-in, then you do need to buy more Roku devices. If you link them to the same account, then they will have the same channel lineup, although the order on-screen is separate for each device.

And to avoid scams, FULLY type in any links seen onscreen. NEVER use Siri/HeyGoogle voice. NEVER start typing then pick the first link that shows up. Here are the two main links:

Main Roku page: https://www.roku.com/

Roku link page: https://my.roku.com/link

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unless the TV's have Roku built-in, then you do need to buy more Roku devices. If you link them to the same account, then they will have the same channel lineup, although the order on-screen is separate for each device.

And to avoid scams, FULLY type in any links seen onscreen. NEVER use Siri/HeyGoogle voice. NEVER start typing then pick the first link that shows up. Here are the two main links:

Main Roku page: https://www.roku.com/

Roku link page: https://my.roku.com/link

Troodles

Jump to solution

I have had a Roku account for a number of years.  The Living Room TV has been linked by Roku Device #1 to the account.  I just added another smart TV and Roku Device #2 and it is now linked to my existing Roku account.  However, when I reviewed the linked devices in my Roku account it only displayed the newest device.  Does that mean my old Device #1 has been dropped from the account?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Troodles wrote:

I have had a Roku account for a number of years.  The Living Room TV has been linked by Roku Device #1 to the account.  I just added another smart TV and Roku Device #2 and it is now linked to my existing Roku account.  However, when I reviewed the linked devices in my Roku account it only displayed the newest device.  Does that mean my old Device #1 has been dropped from the account?

If it's still working with the installed channels, then it's still attached to your account. You can see the account it is attached to by going to the Settings/System/About menu.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
LindaC1

Jump to solution

how do I switch to another tv

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@LindaC1 wrote:

how do I switch to another tv

Please be more specific about what you want to do. Are you trying to move a Roku player from one TV to another?

Dan

0 Kudos
ThomasPat

Jump to solution

My code is not recognized I’ve tried 3 times. It just says wrong code

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@ThomasPat what code? Roku doesn't use activation codes any longer. They ask for your Roku email address, and send an activation link to your email address. Clicking the link adds the Roku to your user account.

Dan

0 Kudos