Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Adding a 2nd Roku - Device Setup

Jump to solution

Can you copy your channels from your 1st Roku to a 2nd new Roku or do you have to add the channels manually to the 2nd Roku?

Thanks,

Russ

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Adding a 2nd Roku - Device Setup

Jump to solution

All channels from the first roku will show up on second if its on the same account, but it won't be in the same order initially, you'll have move the apps around if you want i set up as first. And of course you'll have sign into each app again too.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

if you have an account with a channel (like netflix or youtube),you'll need to log in again.

not positive,but any that just gives you an access code link on  the tv,you wouldn't need do it again.

they link you to your roku account.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

All channels from the first roku will show up on second if its on the same account, but it won't be in the same order initially, you'll have move the apps around if you want i set up as first. And of course you'll have sign into each app again too.

Edmund

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I have to enter new access codes for each channel?

It's kind of like starting over then, correct?

THANKS ! ! !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

if you have an account with a channel (like netflix or youtube),you'll need to log in again.

not positive,but any that just gives you an access code link on  the tv,you wouldn't need do it again.

they link you to your roku account.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

THANKS ! ! !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So everything copied over to the 2nd roku stick minus xfinity app. On the internet, it shows installed. On the 2nd roku itself, it says channel install failed, could not add. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Age of the second roku, what is the model number of the second roku?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's newer than the 1st Roku, but both Roku Ultras.  I did have to rearrange the icons and log in to each channel manually.  A real pain.  Russ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

3500x. I have had it a while. I did update it but I guess it may be running old software?

0 Kudos