Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Adding Cable Subscription AFTER setting Roku

I am new to using Roku. I received my Roku Express in mail yesterday and was able to set it up without adding my cable subscription (mistake).

Question: How do I go back and add my Cox cable to the Roku so that my existing cable subscription is included?

Thank you, 

"Clueless"

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Adding Cable Subscription AFTER setting Roku

When they ask if you have cable subscription next they would ask about apps that need a cable subscription and if you want them added. Since you passed on that you're going to have add the channel by searching for them and adding them. In either case you would have to sign in and prove your subscription with your cable credentials. But if you want to start the whole thing over do a factory refresh of the express, but there is NO need for that really. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Adding Cable Subscription AFTER setting Roku

Thank you!

Maybe I should clarify a bit. I'm specifically looking for MSNBC Live Stream. I'm able to go through the NBC app and see the MSNBC. However, it is not live. Unfortunately, I did not include my cable subscription during the initial set up. I'm starting to think that this is can not be done. Am I wrong?

As a last resort, I will do a factory refresh as suggested.

0 Kudos