Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mg2635599
Level 7

Adding A Second Roku Device

Jump to solution

Good day,

my roommate and i decided last week to drop xfinity cable to just have the internet through them. this will save us just over 20 a month. we have one roku and love it, and ordered a second one for the living room. my questions are: 

can we use the same account for both? 
if so can we be logged into both at the same time? 
if so can we view different content on each at the same time?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Adding A Second Roku Device

Jump to solution
Yes, you can have multiple accounts with one Roku account.. just know that the channels that get installed and deleted are synced on multiple boxes. If you don't want this, create a separate account.

Also, depending on the service you're using, you may or may not be able to watch the same channel simultaneously- it depends on the terms of the service/channel you're using (Netflix and Hulu have restrictions). You will have no problem playing DIFFERENT content, however.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Jump to solution
Yes, you can have multiple accounts with one Roku account.. just know that the channels that get installed and deleted are synced on multiple boxes. If you don't want this, create a separate account.

Also, depending on the service you're using, you may or may not be able to watch the same channel simultaneously- it depends on the terms of the service/channel you're using (Netflix and Hulu have restrictions). You will have no problem playing DIFFERENT content, however.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mg2635599
Level 7

Jump to solution
thanks for the quick reply, it's very much appreciated and helpful.
0 Kudos