Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Adding A Second Roku Device

Jump to solution

Good day,

my roommate and i decided last week to drop xfinity cable to just have the internet through them. this will save us just over 20 a month. we have one roku and love it, and ordered a second one for the living room. my questions are: 

can we use the same account for both? 
if so can we be logged into both at the same time? 
if so can we view different content on each at the same time?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Adding A Second Roku Device

Jump to solution
Yes, you can have multiple accounts with one Roku account.. just know that the channels that get installed and deleted are synced on multiple boxes. If you don't want this, create a separate account.

Also, depending on the service you're using, you may or may not be able to watch the same channel simultaneously- it depends on the terms of the service/channel you're using (Netflix and Hulu have restrictions). You will have no problem playing DIFFERENT content, however.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution
Yes, you can have multiple accounts with one Roku account.. just know that the channels that get installed and deleted are synced on multiple boxes. If you don't want this, create a separate account.

Also, depending on the service you're using, you may or may not be able to watch the same channel simultaneously- it depends on the terms of the service/channel you're using (Netflix and Hulu have restrictions). You will have no problem playing DIFFERENT content, however.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
thanks for the quick reply, it's very much appreciated and helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Adding another device to my Roku account

Jump to solution

How do I put a second Roku 3930r for a second TV in my home, on my existing account..  I have memberships in Netflix, Hulu, and Prime. How do I add each of those after connecting the Roku stick to the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Adding another device to my Roku account

Jump to solution

@budat538 

Thanks for the post.

When you activate the additional Roku device, you simply need to link the Roku device to the email address of your current Roku account.

If you have already setup the new Roku device and linked it to another email address, you will need to try to perform a factory reset on the device to go through the setup process again. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos