Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffBen
Level 7

Add Channels to Roku Premier.

Jump to solution

I am unable to add Google Play, Prime Video Sky news, Now TV, My device is linked to internet via a Wireless Router with UK Smart DNS. I have BBC iPlayer working which indicates the Geographical link is via UK. The channels are not available top add despite being shown on the product carton. Prime Video works on an Android TV device connected in the same way. Why can I not add these channels to the device or via my account web portal?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Add Channels to Roku Premier.

Jump to solution

@JeffBen Thanks for the note. Yes. If you moved locations from one region to another, you will need to create a Roku account in that region in order to access the supported channels in that region. A device linked to a US account will display the incorrect channels available in your location, and may not show other channels that are available in the UK. You'll need to create a new Roku account, and then perform a factory reset on your device in order to link it to your new UK account.  

You can visit Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset to reset your Roku device. Let us know if you need any additional help from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

The developer of each Roku channel is the one that determines where a channel is available and can be installed. While some providers (such as Prime Video) might be available in a particular region, it might not be available on a Roku device. Only the channel developer can control where a channel may be available, so you'd have to contact them and ask for it. If the channel you desire is officially available on a Roku in your region, then I have to ask if you're using a VPN, because that can mess up your channel store access and Roku official does not support VPN use. Another thing that matters is what country your account is officially listed in. If your account is based in the US, then non-US channels will not be available, even if you're using a VPN to hide your location.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
JeffBen
Level 7

Jump to solution

I  have my account at Roku.com which assume is USA is there a UK account?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@JeffBen Thanks for the note. Yes. If you moved locations from one region to another, you will need to create a Roku account in that region in order to access the supported channels in that region. A device linked to a US account will display the incorrect channels available in your location, and may not show other channels that are available in the UK. You'll need to create a new Roku account, and then perform a factory reset on your device in order to link it to your new UK account.  

You can visit Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset to reset your Roku device. Let us know if you need any additional help from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos