Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Activation process doesn't start after load screen

Hello. I need some help and Roku on Twitter is not responding after the initial request for a private message.

I connected my Roku Premier to the power and my receiver. The Roku load animation appeared, so I know the connection worked, but the screen remains black after that. Nothing else happens. I can't activate my Roku box.

I tried to do a reset twice with the reset button, but that accomplished nothing. The load animation shows, but then the screen goes and remains black. How can get I get some help getting this thing to work?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation process doesn't start after load screen

@locopuff 

Thanks for the post.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold the reset button down for at last 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging in your device directly to your TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue? If you are able to connect the device without an issue, there may be an issue with your AVR.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos