Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imacphee
Reel Rookie

'We can’t seem to reach you by email' message

Jump to solution

I got my new Roku Premiere in the mail today, but I get the message 'we can’t seem to reach you by email' every time I try to enter an email address to activate the device. I’ve tried multiple emails but get the message each time. I’ve also done a factory reset two times and tried a different WiFi.

Tags (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there was an issue preventing new activations that has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.
Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message "We can’t seem to reach you by email" when activating your Roku devices.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device ... 

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bgarcias

Jump to solution

The problem is that almost all internet providers are blocking smtp and that’s why tv cant send email.

i was in the same problema, shared internet with my cellphone hotspot (sharing 4G data only to activate) and did the activation in minutes!! Try it and see if this helps. Then after activation switch your internet to home wifi.

merry Xmas 

Tags (1)
MK20

Jump to solution

@ComaCaptain meant to reply directly to the solution but idk how this thread works apparently haha. It’s @Bgarcias solution - do factory reset and when you set up WiFi, connect to your phone hotspot then activate Roku and switch to your regular WiFi after! Hope it works for you too! 

523 REPLIES 523
miafrate

Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

Bought a second Roku express. At the activation screen, I enter my email address for which I already have an account. I get the error message: “We can’t seem to reach you by email. Please try again.” I clicked “resend” multiple times and i get the same message. 

I also tried to set up a new Roku account with my wife’s email address but I get the same error message. 

Both addresses are real email accounts. 

I did a factory reset using the button on the back and it still gives the same error message. 

Thanks for any help. 

Danielleclaire
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. Someone help! 

miafrate

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Just posted the same issue in another thread. 

Acava1
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation problem - “we can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue. We did get the email to s to are but still says it can’t reach me by that email and won’t leave this screen. Same issue for over an hour 

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here 

Derek15

Jump to solution

I have having the same problem

Oshlivia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue! 

0 Kudos
Danielleclaire
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me. I got the email -several actually - and still not working 

0 Kudos
Dmacneil

Jump to solution

Having same issue,

Seems to be server related. General overall issue. Support said a few minutes to a few hours to resolve.

0 Kudos