Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
repollo
Level 7

Activation no working !!!

Activation no working !!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ludmylla
Level 7

Activation Code

I tried million times to reset and I still can’t get the activation code. Never felt so frustrated. And I also tried to change the Internet so don’t ever came with that. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation Code

@Ludmylla 

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried restarting your Roku device as well as using another wireless network and you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation no working !!!

@repollo 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue are experiencing? Are you being prompted to enter your email address to receive an activation link or is there an activation code being shown on the screen?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
repollo
Level 7

0 Kudos
repollo
Level 7

There is something really wrong with your Activation Server or with the device wifi connectivity.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just for activation purposes, try connecting the Roku to an alternate Internet connection, such as a phone hotspot. It doesn't make any sense at all, but many users have reported success doing this, and then they just connect back to the home network.

Also, just as an FYI: Roku no longer issues a code that is entered on a web page. You now enter your Roku account email address, and Roku sends you a link to activate the device. This finally shuts down those scam artists that have been trying to con Roku users for years. But be careful, the scammers have now moved to intercept users attempting to activate different channels, such as Prime Video. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
repollo
Level 7

I have tried to use my Verizon Phone hotspot. I was able to activate. But once in the menu the device shows the message "not connected" from time to time. There is something really wrong with the wifi chipset of this particular unit. This is a brand new unit!!!   How is it unable to keep a stable wifi connection ??

My wifi works fine, I have other devices connected without any problem. Also, this Roku Streaming Stick+ unit replaces a FireTV stick in the same location that never had any wifi connectivity issues!! 

Jorge.

0 Kudos