Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saweet
Reel Rookie

Activation issue

Add me to the long list of others. but mine is slightly different. Not a new device been using it several years, was having issues with it not detecting internet but only with YouTube and Netflix, other apps worked fine. Decided to factory reset, now it instantly goes to the failed to contact you be email screen like it's not even trying. There's no way to skip the network setup like others have suggested on this device (Roku ultra)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Activation Email

Hi @saweet,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with the exact error message on the screen when you are trying to activate your device? 

Could you please provide the serial number of your Roku device?

Let me check this for you.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
saweet
Reel Rookie

I wrote it in the message.. It's the same as the other 22 pages of people having the same problems. I've read others providing their device serial numbers, and all you guys do is ask them to do factory resets which we've all done. Unless you're going to offer something new to try instead of the same basic troubleshooting over and over, none of us are going to get our problem fixed. This needs to be escalated beyond basic support

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response, @saweet.

Just for confirmation, are you receiving an error message of " we can't seem to reach you" or any specific error message? 

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
saweet
Reel Rookie

Yes to the former..

0 Kudos