Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue code 001 Roku Premiere

Yeah sorry I PIURCHASED THE NEW ROKU PREMIERE from Best Buy and in 2022 still getting the 001 error.  Internet and Network both checkout fine, I even get the email to activate but although completing activation via email link Roku display still does not provide a  code to be entered on the website.  I will give till end of business today after which I'm taking back to Best Buy and purchasing Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast.

Frustrated and waste of time with this NEW Roku product.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Activation issue code 001

Oh and the old 13 year old model works just fine.  I hooked it up in another room and it connected without issue so I guess Roku spent time developing a new and improved dud and time waster.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@chasplaybass unfortunately it's always possible to get a defective device, regardless of brand. Before writing Roku off completely, you might try returning it for a replacement. I had a bad Insignia Roku TV (Insignia is a Best Buy house brand), couldn't get it linked to my account, stuck in a reboot loop. Took it back and just got another one, and it's worked fine for over 6 years now. 

Oh, and your 13 year old device is no longer supported, and won't work with many of the newer channels. Even my 3050, which is "only" 11 years old is useless. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

This confuses me.  Rokus activate by email (more recently) or via displayed code (in the past) - but not both.

0 Kudos

Correct.  I tried activation again this time adding a payment source (used an old PayPal account) and guess what now it starts to update channels so seems that even tho you get the option to skip payment type it is required.  Again thats the only thing that I changed after literally 6 attempts.

0 Kudos

I get it.  

Its working now but only after I put in a payment method,  ( I tried 6 times) prior to that the unit would not activate/channelupdate.  Strange after many attempts in starts to update even tho you have the option to Skip payment info.  Perhaps payment option is required?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You can always go into your Roku user account (https:\\my.roku.com) and now remove your CC. I don't have one attached to my account and have had no issues adding new devices to my account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos