Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwgreene999
Reel Rookie

Activation email not being sent July 17, 22

The roku activation email they are supposed to send me never arrives.  This is a bad first impression they are sending me instead.  I see they had this problem several days ago, and last November also.  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
rwgreene999
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation email not being sent July 17, 22

24 hours later and they still will not sende the email.  They used the same email to acknowledge my message her, but I get no activation email 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@rwgreene999,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We apologize for the delay in response. Are you still having trouble getting your Roku device activated? If so, can you provide us with an update on the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you checked the email on your spam or junk folder if it's not on the inbox.

You may also check our support page to help troubleshoot the issue further: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

If this issue is not resolved, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
DEFinley

I'm having the same issue on a Roku Express I just bought from your website! I've been using Roku devices for years, and this is the first time it will not send the activation e-mail. Have retried more times than I can count. Put in email address, wait 30 minutes for no email, reset Roku, try again, and again, AND AGAIN!!!!!

This is completely unaceptable, get your server issues fixed, pronto!!!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@DEFinley

Thanks for the post.

I'd be happy to take a close look to see what's going on. Did you already check the email on your spam or junk folder? Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.

If not resolved, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
rwgreene999
Reel Rookie

The problem appears that your software developers to not understand what a legal and valid email name looks like.  My email is ___@MistyMountain_____.com (underscores used as letter replacement for this public comment) which has been a valid email at hundreds of sites for 30 years.  

But your software seem unable to respond when there is an uppercase letter in the email.  

Missing something as simple as this makes me question the quality of the rest of your software. Maybe I don't want to deal with other quality issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@rwgreene999,

Thanks for the reply.

We're sorry to hear of the troubles. We want to confirm, did you successfully activate your Roku device? 

If not resolved, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.
Please let us know and we'll continue helping you from there!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
rwgreene999
Reel Rookie

So first you have bad software as described by me. 

Then when I figured out how bad your developers were, I still could not get it to show me 4K from VUDU or YouTube.  So I returned it and got my money back.  Life is too short to mess around with bad software and bad products. 

0 Kudos