Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shianalanders
Level 7

Activation code

Hello, I purchased my Roku TV yesterday and I’m trying get it set up. I get through all the steps and once it gets to the part that I need an activation code, it won’t give me the code. I have done all the steps to restart it and try and resolve it but nothing is working. Can someone please help?? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation code

Hi @Shianalanders,

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and setting it back up again to activate the device.
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® wireless audio device?

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Shianalanders
Level 7

Hey, 

I have already done the factory reset and it’s still not giving me the code. I’ve reset my wireless router and the tv and still no code. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Shianalanders,

Thanks for the update.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device id of the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos