Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GloA
Level 7

Activation code not displaying

I am setting up a ROKU Express. It connected to my wireless network fine but the issue is when I enter my email, I do not get an activation code. An activation link is coming to my email, but when I click it asks for the code displayed on my screen. The only thing displayed on my screen is that a link will come to my email address.   I’ve pressed * and there is no option to change the activation code. I’ve also restarted but get to the same stopping point each time. How do I get the activation code?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Activation code not displaying

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and any additional details that may assist us in investigating the issue. I'll follow up with you directly from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
unicornlatte
Level 7

I'm having this same problem with a new Roku Ultra.
I bought two; one gave me a 4-character link to activate.
The other asks for my Roku account email address but there is no code.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

There may not always be an activation code, if you are seeing one of the alternate activation methods that we provide. 

If you are seeing a request to enter your email, enter your Roku account email, then follow the instructions that will be sent to that email address in order to activate your device. 

Let us know if you are still running into any issues. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
carol1
Level 7

I just uninstalled my old roku account so I could use a streaming stick . The stick is connected via HDMI port and connected to a wall outlet on the other end.

I am not getting any activiation code or link or setup screen on my tv .Help

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is this a brand new streaming stick or a previously used device?

We would recommend try performing a factory reset on the Roku streaming stick. Factory resetting a device will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. For more information on how to perform a factory reset on a device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos