Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Activation code not displaying

Jump to solution

Respectfully, you have no clue.

There's no code on the screen. None by email. You are left hanging.

This is a zero * product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

There is no code to enter.  That used to be the case but they moved to a mechanism where they just send you an email to active but that is not working.  I have still not received the email.

Regardless, if you require your customers to mess around with router settings you don't have a viable consumer product.  This is horribly broken and based on this discussion they have no desire to fix it.  Making users reboot routers and try new SSIDs is really just asking them to return the product and go buy one that works better.

My Amazon return has already processed.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No activation link

Jump to solution

@mandbolin78 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot to see if you can setup your device, and then connecting back to your wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Resending activation link to email

Jump to solution

How can I resend the activation link to my email? It tells me to resend it but there is no option for that on the screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Do you guys even read the posts you reply to?  If you did you'd see that I rebooted multiple times and tried 3 different SSIDs. My router is perfectly fine.  If your devices can't be reliable with their activation and require router reboots and multiple hotspots to try and get a simple email out you have a defective product.

You never should have changed from the simple to use activation code that is displayed if you can't reliably get emails out.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just a question from one of your users: Are you guys working on a fix? This has obviously been a problem for MONTHS. If I'd have checked this message board before buying, I'd have bought something else. This is not an isolated issue. It's a bug.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@GreatLakes @cep 

We're sorry to hear about the experience you're running into. By chance, have you tried using an alternate email address to see if you are able to receive the email? 

If that isn't helping get things resolved, please send me a private message with the email address that you are encountering an issue with, and we'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm curious what brand and model WiFi routers are having the problem?

The router I could not initially connect after reboot was an Edimax BR-6208AC router. I used an old Cisco/Linksys E1000 to get mine to work, then reconnect to the Edimax after completing the activation.

I agree it's a bug in the in current firmware, but there are work arounds to get it to work.

FWIW, my Roku Express came up with Code on the Screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Couldnt get activation email or link to work due to bad static ip address. Changed to just dhcp and worked.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I cant get an activation code on-screen nor in any email fashion. I have rebooted the Roku 4.

How is this supposed to work? Does it work?

0 Kudos