Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No activation code provided for a new Roku device.

Jump to solution

Although it happened suddenly and possibly by something that changed "behind the scenes" I can't really blame Roku for my instance.  I am using an Ad Blocker on my network and I had to whitelist certain sites to enable the Roku to continue working.  I watched the traffic the Roku was attempting to contact and started allowing them.  Afterward still experiencing issues, in the menus selected Home --> Settings --> System --> Advanced System Settings --> Network Connection reset.  This apparently clears network settings (perhaps also wired in addition to WiFi) and reboots.  Once rebooted I was able to complete the initial setup easily.  So far all is right in the world of Roku. Robot Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I bought my router and I didn't see anything in the setting for xFi.  I also tried 2 different networks, comcast with my purchased router and Fios with a rented router which is the system I used the setup the Stick + without a problem.  This is a Roku problem.  I'm returning it.

Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

Are you sure the activation email isn't being caught by a spam filter? Did you check the spam folder?

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just checked the spam folder and there is no email from Roku there.  I did ,however, return the Express + and got the Premiere instead.  Brought that home plug it in and was up and running in 10 minutes.  I think that Express + had problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation code not displaying

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue.  Ask for email then doesn’t give us the code😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@townplanner @Alyssa2828 @Dbab 

Thanks for the note.

There may not always be an activation code displayed on your screen, if you are seeing one of the alternate activation methods that we provide. 

If you are seeing a request to enter your email, enter your Roku account email, then follow the instructions that will be sent to that email address in order to activate your device. 

Let us know if you are still running into any issues.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You guys making setup harder for our customers we cannot create an account for them without it being verified. we have tens of thousand of customer and we are growing. Now i have to refer them to buy a fire TV instead. Keep doing this kinds of thing you guys will be losing millions.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Like everyone else here I am not getting my activation email.  I have tried 3 different SSIDs on two different routers.  I've done a full factory reset after each switch and have completely unplugged the stick and plugged it back in. I checked my junk folder.

I downloaded and installed the firmware the first connection so it is communicating with the internet.

I used the same email I used for my existing account which I am logged into now to write this post so the account is active.

I need to get this activated tonight or I'm sending this back and getting something else that isn't a Roku device.  There is no reason I don't receive this code in seconds.

Highlighted
Level 7

No activation link

Jump to solution

This is my second day trying to activate the Roku player. I'm not getting an e-mail at all. I have checked my spam folder. I have reset it numerous times. I would of never bought it if I knew it was going to be this much trouble. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@GreatLakes wrote:

Like everyone else here I am not getting my activation email.  I have tried 3 different SSIDs on two different routers.  I've done a full factory reset after each switch and have completely unplugged the stick and plugged it back in. I checked my junk folder.

I downloaded and installed the firmware the first connection so it is communicating with the internet.

I used the same email I used for my existing account which I am logged into now to write this post so the account is active.

I need to get this activated tonight or I'm sending this back and getting something else that isn't a Roku device.  There is no reason I don't receive this code in seconds.

When I activated my Roku Express, the code came on the TV screen after it updated and rebooted. it told me to go to https://my.roku.com/link, where I entered the code.  You may have to create a Roku account if you don't already have one, which you do.

On a side note there has been an issue with a recent firmware update where it gets picky with the WiFi connection after the firmware update. It tends to want to connect to a 802.11 b or g WiFi. 

0 Kudos