Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No activation code provided for a new Roku device.

Jump to solution

@rick505 @krhchicago 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot to see if you can setup your device.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Activation code not displaying

Jump to solution

My email is [content removed] all I get on TV is Roku Screen Saver no code to activate stick?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Email activation code

Jump to solution

It won’t send the activation link to my email address

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Setup

Jump to solution

@Pinkkitty2016 

Its been a while but I dont think your email is involved.

You set up an account here; https://my.roku.com/signin

and pair them.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Setup-Help-Getting-Started-with-Your-Roku...

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Setup

Jump to solution

@Pinkkitty2016 

The emailed code thing is apparently new.  I've never seen it, but I think I saw something that claimed there's an option to get an onscreen code you use on the website or get a code emailed to you.  You might want to perform a factory reset and start over paying close attention to what options are presented.  You don't say which device you have, but there's generally a little pin hole that leads to a button.  Press that button for no less than 30 seconds ignoring anything happening on the screen.

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Reset everything an still nothing. The frustration is beyond my limit. How do I get the money back for this useless product I now have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same problem with my device, factory reset it 3 times already, It seems to go to an “activation page” but then gets cut off by NOW TV telling me to activate the account. So frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am trying to add a second Roku device, an Express +.  The first device went flawlessly, a Stick +. The Express + connects to the internet and then asks for my email address, I click continue and that's are far as I can go.  The screen says "Check your email" which I have done 10 times.  I read somewhere that a guy changed his email and that worked.  So I changed the email address on my account and tried again.  Still nothing.  I've rebooted my router and Express + several times.  Done a factory reset a couple of times.  Changed the MTU size from 1500 to 1300 (another post I read), still nothing.  Oh, and I released and and renewed my IP and DNS (another post), still nothing.  One change between the two devices, I switched from Fios to Comcast.  I hadn't cancelled my Fios service so I fired up the old system, still nothing.  Getting closed to returning this to Walmart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation code not displaying

Jump to solution

I’m seeing s teen but not going to mail to send me code

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

Do you have a rented Comcast gateway? I've heard they have a new 'advanced security xFi' feature that seems to be causing all sorts of problems with many devices. Maybe try disabling that?

0 Kudos