Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation code not displaying

Jump to solution

This is not an issue with anyones internet connection, computer, or anything else. I manage 135 AirBnB's and have activated literally Hundreds of Roku's. This did not happen until you guys changed the activation process. It used to be that the roku displayed the activation code, you go onto another device to roku.com/link and enter the code, AND THEN you log into your email associated with the roku account. I don't know why you guys changed this to "Sending a link" directly to the email address you enter on the roku screen, but it Does Not Work. I have tried multiple rokus on multiple internet connections at different properties with multiple email accounts signed into on multiple devices. You need to fix this.

Level 8

No activation code provided for a new Roku device.

Jump to solution

I recently tried to activate a new Roku Premiere that I bough and it went smoothly all the way through the display setting. Then, when it was supposed to give me an activation code, it skipped that and went directly to the part were it asks for the account email to send me an activation link. The problem is that without the activation code the activation link is useless. Is there an alternate way to get an activation code? Finally,while browsing through the support pages I found instructions, from many persons that seem to think that they have all the solutions, to use the remote star button go to a place were it says "get new activation code". Thing is THE PLACE DOESN'T EXIST!!!

I ran into the same problem when trying to activate a new Roku TV. I've been trying to upgrade my roku equipment over the last few months but now I'm stuck. 

And the company does not offer customer support for most of their streaming devices currently being used, only for some of the more expensive and new.

Can somebody help me with advise of real value?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Factory reset is not freaking working getting really fustrated because no activation link is showing nor a option to resend code when pushing the star button

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

It took me three weeks of trying to update my Express until I tried a spare WiFi router I had. It was an older Router, 2.4Mhz b/g router. After connecting to update server and rebooting, the link code came up. After activating the Express I was able to reconnect back to the Regular router I used, and would not active originally.

I suggest you try a different router like at a friend's house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Reset DHCP? Factory resets? Give me a break. How do I get the activation code? This is stupid.

[content edited]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cep @kaileykaydenmom @MilesMT 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So how to do you make these changes?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No activation code provided for a new Roku device.

Jump to solution

Not that it helps but I'm currently having the same issue n a Roku Ultra that I did a factory reset and am now trying to set up again.  I've tried using both wireless (WiFi) and plugged into a wired connection.  Obviously without the code I can't enter it at the URL posted (roku.com/link).  I suspect Roku is having an issue with their activation servers or something causing the issue since I've power cycled all my network equipment, factory reset the device a few times along with rebooting the player.  I'll keep trying and hopefully be able to post a resolution at some point. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No activation code provided for a new Roku device.

Jump to solution

Ditto.  Upgrading my 2/3/4's to Premier and today I can't get by the Account Activation Link because it never throws a code.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any updates?

??

0 Kudos