Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Activation code delay through email

The email with the activation code for my Premiere arrives after 3 hours! Tried a few times, same results. Obviously the link has expired by then, so no chance of activating?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Activation code delay

Activation code for what channel or service? If you're activating a roku device you don't receive it by email, it would be on screen. 

If it is premiere device itself, I would do a factory reset, with it powered look for pinhole in the back of the device, insert something and depress for at least 50 seconds. After it comes back, set language, and internet, enter the roku.com/link in your computer or cellphone browser address bar, NEVER enter it into a search engine like google!!!

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

On the tv it says they are sending an e-mail with the activation link which expires in 15 minutes.   It never comes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I changed my roku account email from ...@cox.net to ...@gmail.com. With @cox.net it took 3 hours for the email to arrive, @Gmail took seconds. I guess cox is slowing down emails from roku now that they are also offering streaming devices.