Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Activate channel remotely?

I gave my dad my older Roku device and I'm maintaining subscriptions for him and so forth. I'd like to add an additional channel to his device as, given his age, this is proving difficult for him to do. Given that we live several states away and travel is not advised, is there any way for me to add a channel remotely?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Activate channel remotely?

If his Roku is attached to YOUR Roku account, just add the channel to your Roku.

If he has his own separate Roku account, you'll need the password and email associated with his account to log in and add the channel that way.

Either way, the channel will be added to his Roku the next time his system updates, usually within 24 hours. If it's a channel that requires a login he'll have to do it from his end.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos