Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TwoBuckChuck
Level 7

Activate a new device....how long will it be down?

Jump to solution

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I Re: Activate a new device....how long will it be down?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware there was a service interruption earlier in the day on 11/25/2020.

We believe that we have resolved the issue and Roku activation and other services are recovering or are now accessible.

Please note that you may still encounter some residual issues that we will continue to work on to resolve.

• New subscription sign-ups on device
  • Signing into the Roku Channel mobile app

You do not need to contact customer support to report these, just try them again later.

For more information about this service interruption, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/360059961893

We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Tawntru
Level 7

Why can't I connect my new roku to my account just bought 30 mins ago?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
linds0797
Level 7

Does anyone know when the site will be back up

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can't I connect my new roku to my account just bought 30 mins ago?

Jump to solution

You have to give a lot more information.  What's the model number of the Roku and where in the setup process are you?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
monicabacican
Level 7

activating new tv

Jump to solution

Just got a Roku TV and it's asking me to activate the tv by going to roku.com/link but everytime I do it just takes me to the account page and doesn't give me anywhere to enter the code. Is this because of the AWS outage? VERY ANNOYING.

0 Kudos
Amandaks
Level 7

Re: Activate a new device....how long will it be down?

Jump to solution

I’m with you on that one. My husband is OTR and will be gone for 3 weeks. I bought him a tv and now I can’t activate it. He’ll leave tomorrow and is technologically deficient. Please hurry and fix this. 

0 Kudos
TwoBuckChuck
Level 7

I Re: Activate a new device....how long will it be down?

Jump to solution

I know! I am leaving town and need to activate a TV in my guest room and its been down for 9 hours.

0 Kudos
JD91
Level 7

Jump to solution

We've just spent a lot of money buying streaming equipment for every TV in our house to cut cable and right now its all useless, hurry and fix the problem already, I've been trying since 12:30 this afternoon

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Re: Why can't I connect my new roku to my account just bought 30 mins ago?

Jump to solution

At roku.com it says:

"11/25/2020 @10:00am PST

There is an issue impacting Roku accounts which we are working to resolve. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Visit support.roku.com for more information."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

Amazon Web Services (AWS), one of the major providers of internet backbone services, suffered a major outage on Wednesday that took down a major portion of the internet.  Amazon reportedly had most services restored by about 4:30 am ET Thursday 11/26 (Thanksgiving in US).

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos