Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olddultrarunner
Channel Surfer

Re: AV Input

Just got my new TCL Roku TV 6 series 55". In looking at TV inputs, there is no AV input shown under TV inputs not used, only HDMI 2, 3 and 4. Any help on trying to get it to show AV input??

Thanks
Len

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@olddultrarunner 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried adding the input on your Roku TV through Settings > TV inputs > AV > Set up input?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
olddultrarunner
Channel Surfer

I have a new Roku TV (just got this week). When I go from Home screen to Settings/TV Inputs, I am not seeing AV Input under Not Used (I have nothing plugged in) or Used. Just does not show up. How do I get it to show. This is a new 6 Series R635 55" and only has the AV Adapter yellow plug in on the back of the TV.

0 Kudos
olddultrarunner
Channel Surfer

Ok, I found AV Input. I had named it DVD Player initially, so I removed that and the AV Input shows up as being Used. I have ordered a TCL AV In Adapter from Amazon. I assume all I do is plug in that adapter to the AV In Adapter jack on the back of TV, the plug in the plugs off DVD player (red, yellow, white) into the female of the Adapter plugs and do nothing with the yellow male connector plug from the DVD player?

0 Kudos

**bleep** yeah Steve. We used this tip today and it worked beautiful. You’re the best!

- The Boys 

KenBruce

I show the AV input being used but its not showing up on the home screen. I have restarted still nothing.

0 Kudos
CyberCommando
Channel Surfer

@KenBruce You will need to remove any connections to it first.  Then go to settings and remove it, it will ask for confirmation.  Once removed, turn off the TV, reconnect the device. Go back to settings>input devices and add the device again. At this time you can choose to rename the device.  Go back to the Home Screen and you should now see it in the Home Screen. 

Keyica40

I used your advice and it worked thanks so much.

teemar1672

A million thanks!!!!!! It absolutely worked!!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi can you help me I’ve been trying to add AV back onto my Roku and it’s not working ? 

0 Kudos