Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lcam

How to get to AV input on my Roku TV and add it to home screen

How do I find AV Input and add it to my channels? 

39 REPLIES 39
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to get to AV input settings on a Roku TV and add it to my home screen

@Lcam

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to access the AV input on the Roku home screen, you will only be able to see the AV input if you have a Roku TV. Otherwise, you will not be able to access the AV input through the Roku home screen, but rather through your TV input.

Other helpful resources:

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tim94

Re: AV Input

I have a Roku TV and am selecting AV input on settings, but it is not adding it to the home screen.

0 Kudos
RF3977

I am having this same problem. Roku tv and cant access the av input.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You have actual TV? A Roku TV!! Apple TV and Fire TV aren't tv's (yes Fire tv are tv nowadays but at one time it was called a tv when it wasn't), where the Roku TV is an actual TV with a screen, and always had screen when called Roku tv.

settings> inputs> scroll to AV input> add it, rename it if you wish. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
stevek83
Reel Rookie

I found the answer by trial and error.  In Settings/TV Inputs, select the A/V input, and select Remove, then Confirm.  Once the input is forgotten, it will reshow as an unfinished option in the TV Input menu.  Just reactivate it, and it now shows up in the Home screen.  🙂

itfilms

stevek83 THANK YOU!!!

I have spent all freaking day trying to figure this out. I knew it had to be simple, as the Wii tech is old, but it never occured to me to try this. Why didn't Roku provide a working answer? It is their UI, after all. I commend you not only for your input here, but also for the trial/error process. I was ready to throw something LOL 🤷‍♂️

stevek83
Reel Rookie

Glad I could help!

Kaylyn

This works!!

Lisajayne

Thanks soooo much! That worked 😁