Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsouryavong13
Level 7

4k roku streaming box on a non 4k tv

I have a bunch of roku tvs at my house already except for one tv. So I already have experience with roku tvs. The one TV I have isn't a 4k smart TV, but it is a 55 inch Sanyo TV. 

My question is if I bought the 4k roku streaming box and use it on my non 4k 55 in sanyo tv, would it still show in 4k or no? 

I just want to know if its worth my money or not to buy the 4k roku streaming device or just the HD one.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andyross
Level 15

Re: 4k roku streaming box on a non 4k tv

It will work fine and will limit itself to the maximum of that TV. If you replace the TV with a 4K one, the Roku will then work with 4K.

0 Kudos
tsouryavong13
Level 7

@andyross wrote:

It will work fine and will limit itself to the maximum of that TV. If you replace the TV with a 4K one, the Roku will then work with 4K.

Alright then, thank you.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

And the hi-def aquarium screen saver that comes with the 4K units is worth the buying a 4K capable unit all by itself. (Don't worry, it will still display on non-4K sets and looks great.)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos