Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlhog1
Level 7

4661R vs 4660X2

Jump to solution

Can someone tell me the difference in these two models? I assume the 4661R is a newer model. Does the "R" stand for refurbished?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 4661R vs 4660X2

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question here.

4661R and 4660X2 are the same model of Roku Ultra.

4661R was an updated bundle sold beginning in 2018, which included JBL premium headphones, but the same 4660 model Roku Ultra device. Letters after model numbers denote either specific retailers or regions in which devices are sold, and do not indicate any difference in features for that particular device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

No, the ending letter(s) relate to their sales channels. RW is Walmart. R just mean Retail. No idea what the X stands for, but some of the older players had an X as well. My old 2 XS is the 3100X. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the question here.

4661R and 4660X2 are the same model of Roku Ultra.

4661R was an updated bundle sold beginning in 2018, which included JBL premium headphones, but the same 4660 model Roku Ultra device. Letters after model numbers denote either specific retailers or regions in which devices are sold, and do not indicate any difference in features for that particular device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos