Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

2 Rokus in the same room to play simultaneous content?

Jump to solution

A friend of mine has an old Roku back from 2017 connected to 1 TV, and she wanted to have the same content playing simultaneously, at least for Youtube, on another TV in the same room.

Both TVs each have a Roku streaming stick ready to go, but I can't get what I said above to work by having both on the same account. Is it possible?

I guess HDMI splitting is an option but I don't really know how to implement that considering the TV isn't an output source?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: 2 Rokus in the same room to play simultaneous content?

Jump to solution

Just use one Roku and a 1 to 2 HDMI splitter.  There are many to choose and they are cheap.

For an example a cheap one with free shipping is:

1080P HDMI Port Male to 2 Female 1 In 2 Out spliter Cable Adapter Converter-xbox

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: 2 Rokus in the same room to play simultaneous content?

Jump to solution

Just use one Roku and a 1 to 2 HDMI splitter.  There are many to choose and they are cheap.

For an example a cheap one with free shipping is:

1080P HDMI Port Male to 2 Female 1 In 2 Out spliter Cable Adapter Converter-xbox

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service

View solution in original post

0 Kudos