Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amante63
Channel Surfer

why is univision and telemundo not translating to English anymore on cc on roku device

why is univision and telemundo not translating to English anymore on cc on roku device, used to work when cc3 was available, sometime during an update cc3 was removed and cc4 was added to univision and English 1 and English 2 was added to telemundo as choices to view translation in English, but neither work now for English translation. Univision only shows Spanish in cc1, nothing shows at all in cc4, and telemundo only shows Spanish translation no matter what setting I have it on. Boooooooo!!! Spouse is Hispanic, and my Spanish is not the best, so it is hard for me to enjoy the shows she likes with out this feature working. Can you please fix this with an update or explain step by step for me to fix (older male) not the brightest in tech. Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
Amante63
Channel Surfer

Re: why is univision and telemundo not translating to English anymore on cc on roku device

P.S. When I watch the same channels over free to air digital antenna TV cc3 works perfectly with English translations of Spanish audio, so this issue definitely has something to do with roku's update in removing the cc3 and replacement of cc4/English 1&2 previously mentioned. Please help or send a new update with cc3 reinstalled. Thank you 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: why is univision and telemundo not translating to English anymore on cc on roku device

@Amante63

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify how you are accessing these channels? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amante63
Channel Surfer

I am accessing the channels on roku devices by their channels or apps what ever they are called on roku,  I am sorry but I don't know how to be any clearer than my previous explanation of the issue I placed in the blog you are answering of mine, and the trouble shooting is it works perfectly on free to air digital antenna TV and it doesn't work at all on any of my 3 roku devices or roku tv since the removal of cc3 in one of the latest updates, because when I first bought my roku devices cc3 was available on them and the translating of Spanish audio to English text worked. Hoping with what I stated here and on my previous blog on this issue you are understanding and can possibly get another update pushed out to re-add cc3 (closed caption 3) back on roku systems. All I know is cc3 was available on both univision & telemundo channels on roku one day, I went to sleep and when I woke up the next day it was gone. Thank you for your assistance .

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Amante63

Thanks for the clarification.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amante63
Channel Surfer

So you are telling me that every channel on roku removed cc3 all at the same time? As usual no one takes ownership of their products 😒 always putting it on their customers to do all the leg work. Thank you for so much of your time and effort in trying to figure this out. 

Rocketmama007
Reel Rookie

I thought it was just me. I also noticed all of the novelas that I was able to watch in the telemundo app with English captions are only captioned in Spanish. Other apps work fine with translating.