Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teamsoap

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

same thing here, How do I return to previous search functionality?

Roku Ultra

Software 11.0.0

Build 4193

thank you

DJMadDaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi again Danny,

I'm sure you and the other technicians now realize that this change to the search feature is not a welcome one. So far, every post I've read, and there are many, is negative to this change. It is sad that, you ask for our input but when we give it, you do not respond. I know you don't like hearing all the negativity toward the work that went into this change, but we, the community have voiced our opinion. This change is NOT welcome and is NOT well received. In fact, from what I can tell, each and every posting about this topic reverberates with the wish for the search feature to revert back to what it was.

At the very least, someone from Roku should respond to this thread and let us ALL know that you are reading the comments we have posted

Hope you have a wonderful day Danny.

Kevhuff2

Jump to solution

I am not happy with the new search format either. Please return to the old format.

knksmom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, 

The explanation you gave is not a solution and therefore I don't think it should be marked that way. 

Esotericchef
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If I get a vote, please change it back. I prefer the lists to icons. The icons make it much harder to find what I'm looking for. Especially if I am looking for something by release date.

And sometimes I'm looking for the not as popular movies or shows. The comprehensive list is much easier to navigate.

Perhaps in settings, we could choose between lists and icons. On a smaller screen, some of the icons are difficult to see/read.

Vand

Jump to solution

Thanks for asking for feedback. Here’s mine. The new Search functionality is AWFUL. Please, please return it to the list view and not the tiles! The current view is not helpful, gives less info and is a giant pain to navigate for fewer results. If you can’t take it away, PLEASE give us the option to select list view instead of tiles. 

hastur
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Search results changed format on my Roku Express 4K+ a few days ago.

Software Update shows it was last updated over 3 months ago, and version is current. Roku is not tracking software changes accurately.

The old Search was the best feature on the Home screen. It could find informative results on any channel, and displayed 11 lines of results on one screen. This format is still available in the Roku Channel, but does not search other channels.

The new Tiled results format makes the Home screen Search completely useless.

Congratulations Roku. You've destroyed your best feature.

drcaplin

Jump to solution

It seems as if the developers of this new search aren't actually Roku users. This new search format with the icons is virtually unusable. It rolled out on our Roku about a week ago and ever since, I haven't been able to find a single thing I've searched for. Literally not once. I've seen nothing but complaints about the new search but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about it. Choosing appearance (icons) over functionality (list) is a losing game in the long run.  Hopefully someone at Roku actually cares about the user experience and does something about this.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I agree that the icon-based new search is poor. I assumed pressing * for options would let me select the older and more useful method but it didn’t, so I gave up and used a website.

Jump to solution

A manager somewhere pushed this through and whoever ultimately approved it should hit the streets.  It's a joke.  Efficient functionality for customers should always be the goal.  Now it takes pjger and I get less accurate results.  This is New Coke.  Admit your blunder and roll it back.