Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: sd card type for roku 3

Jump to solution

From posts I've read from other users, SD cards over 16 GB are hit or miss if they'll work. Roku themselves never state what the "can" accept. And it even varies by manufacturer, as one SD card of a certain size might work, but another brand of the same size would not. 

Unfortunately, the ultimate response is "none of us know" 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply!  Understood....that's probably the best response I've heard to this question!  

If I have any luck with what i have, i will respond, although the OP was from last year so maybe not so helpful!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Davebee66

Jump to solution

This worked for me also! Removed card and blew out the slot with canned air. TY! 16GB card

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Without shaming you for too much memory. I had the same issue. I tried restarting, etc. What worked for me was just unplugging the ac adapter then plugging it back in for a hard restart. It then recognized the SD and asked if I wanted to format. 

0 Kudos
Zeldar

Jump to solution

I had a super old 128MB micro SD card that I installed after my 16GB card, which it supposedly formatted, didn't stop my Roku 3 from continually warning me to install an SD card.  After swapping in and formatting the 128MB card, I have opened all of my normal apps including Apple TV, Paramount+, Peacock+, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Hulu, Pluto, and ESPN.  No warnings and everything loads quickly.  When I went into the Settings / System Info, it shows the 128MB card is only 27% used, so it would seem like anything more than a 128 or 256MB (yes, that's MEGA byte) card is a total waste of capacity.

0 Kudos