Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medicmarie
Reel Rookie

Roku channel menu "continue watching" gone removed?

Apparently the menu for Roku channel has been changed.  Went to continue watching a series and the "continue watching" option is completely gone.  Different series I had been watching at different times all gone right along with "continue watching" menu option.   Very annoying.  Now I have to do a search just to find the programs.  Would you kindly put it back!!

Labels (1)
26 REPLIES 26
Snowman59

Roku Express HD Streaming Device Continue Watching/Season Series disappeared

Recently my list of shows which I've been watching on Roku has disappeared.  I have no idea what season or episode I was on.  Hate to have to recreate this.  I have tried uninstalling/re-installing the Roku channel, re-setting my device...nothing works.  Currently only the shows I have watched since this situation arose are on my  "continue watching" list.  Using Roku Express HD Streaming device.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "continue watching" gone from Roku channel menu

@medicmarie 

Are you sure you are inside the Roku Channel?  I see "Continue Watching"  still listed third from top (Featured, Recommended for You, Continue Watching, TV, Save List)

Launch the Roku Channel and see if you see it there.

Responded to another posting earlier and I think the user may have been in the Featured Free located on home page and not inside the Roku Channel so was not seeing the expected features.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
medicmarie
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply.

It's definitely a Roku problem.  Last night "continue watching" was back as it should be.  Tonight it's gone again.  Don't know what's going on, but it is really annoying.  To continue watching a series I have to do a search for the program, then remember which episode I was on.  Whatever it is Roku needs to look into it.

Boz
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express HD Streaming Device Continue Watching/Season Series disappeared

I haven't experienced this on my (1) Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021), (2) Roku Streaming Stick 3800R (2017), and (2) Roku Streaming Stick 3600R (2016) devices, but it sure would be annoying if it happens!

If it is an intermittent problem, or only a problem on certain devices, I hope it gets fixed!

medicmarie
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express HD Streaming Device Continue Watching/Season Series disappeared

I have Roku TV's; it's that way on all three which is why I believe it is a Roku problem.  2 of the TV's are the same brand the 3rd is a different brand.

I am experiencing the same issue now. What is going on?

0 Kudos
ska
Reel Rookie

The same thing just happened on out Roku Ultra. The entire "Continue Watching" list disappeared. All of the series we were watching sre still available, but all of the info about which season and episode we've already seen is lost. What a PITA! Sure hope they fix this.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ska@medicmarie , and @Texas-Stardust ,

Helpful to post model numbers in addition to the Roku model name.  The Roku team may have to look into whether this is affecting some model numbers or if due to certain locations.

I still have not experienced this on my Insignia RokuTV, my Express 4k+ 3941, or the Ultra 4660.

The standard troubleshooting is to Remove the offending Channel, Restart the Roku, then Reinstall the offending Channel.

Additionally, useful to perform a manual System Update. (Settings..System..System Update [press Check Now), followed by a System Restart with some of these Channel problems.

If the above steps don't work for you, then it may require @RokuKariza-D or @RokuDanny-R to look into this further for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

ska
Reel Rookie

Good point about the model number. Should've thought of that. Sorry!

I'm using the Ultra 4800R receiver.

Thanks for the suggestions about correcting the problem. However, like others, our "continue watching" list reappeared the next day, though some of the shows we were watching are missing, and a couple of shows that we've never watched are now on the list.

I presume the list of what you've watched is kept on the Roku servers and not on the individual receivers. Is that correct?

0 Kudos