Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: "continue watching" gone from Roku channel menu

Hi @Vbp

I hope you're doing well.

If you haven't yet, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps I suggested in my post above. You can also click here to view it.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bruce52

Continue watching menu also missing from 3821X Streaming Stick 4K+. Time for a pad of paper and pencil, I guess. This has been going on for at least a year; you would expect it to be fixed by now. Updating and restarting did nothing for me. I don't believe you can delete the Roku channel and then put it back, so I guess we're at the mercy of Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bruce52

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that you can remove The Roku Channel from you Roku device. We would recommend trying to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then adding it back again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

If so, can you please provide us with a specific example of title that you see this issue occur with and we will be able to look further into the issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daolson

Yes please put the ‘Continue Watching’ back to the lists

0 Kudos
jimsndguy

We had the "continue watching" available until today (1/30/2023). Having to manually find shows that are watched frequently in the new format is very inconvenient. One of us is very weak and confined to bed. This is more than just a minor inconvenience. Other streaming services have this feature. Please restore it and the sooner the better. I tried removing and restoring the Roku channel on one of our two TCL Roku TVs and it made zero difference.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Daolson @jimsndguy

Thanks for the posts. 

Please be advised that the Continue watching feature is still implemented in The Roku Channel. If you haven't tried yet, You can remove the channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Joni4

Thank you!

At 76 I am computer illiterate! 

Lost Continue Watching and was livid as I couldn't remember the shows. Followed your directions and SUCCESSFULLY.

Very grateful

0 Kudos