Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flwrgrl
Reel Rookie

"My Feed", want to get rid of it...

How do I get rid of a show on "My Feed"....I never followed! It is very annoying!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "My Feed", want to get rid of it...

@Flwrgrl 

I don't know why this happens sometimes.

Just go to My Feed, select the show, and scroll through the offering channels.  You should see a "Unfollow" option.  On some of them, look for a purple +Roku (looks like a channel) and should say "Unfollow" with the title of the content.

In some cirumstances, you may even have to do a "Search" for the title that you are supposedly following and then select "Unfollow" from there.

In the unfortunate event you are following content currently unavailable for streaming, you are simply stuck with that until it becomes available again. (this is just a persistent bug that happens sometimes).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Flwrgrl
Reel Rookie

NEVER FOLLOWED, SO CANNOT UNFOLLOW. IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

sbcglobal
Channel Surfer

@Flwrgrl wrote:

NEVER FOLLOWED, SO CANNOT UNFOLLOW. IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem, @Flwrgrl. And yes, IT IS ANNOYING!!!!!! I never followed this program - never even heard of it! (Some obscure 90's TV series called "Fast Track".)

I've done everything that @AvsGunnar suggests and more, but this unfollowed & unwanted program will not leave "My Feed"! It is still streaming on numerous channels, so that's not the problem. Even when I highlight the purple Roku icon in the available channel, I always see "Follow on Roku" to the left. Never changes whatever channel is highlighted.

And it makes no difference if I do select "Follow on Roku" - then back out of "My Feed", do a cold restart of my Roku device, then return to "My Feed" and select "unfollow". When I close and re-open "My Feed", restart the device or not, "Fast Track" is ALWAYS STILL THERE.  BACK with a maddening "Follow on Roku" option, like it's not already permanently listed in "My Feed"!!!

This is the only time this has happened in the 5 years that I've had my Roku device and have successfully "followed" and "unfollowed" hundreds of movies and TV shows without any problems at all.

0 Kudos