Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mario_dc
Visitor

Re: kwese play, Econet

"Niems" wrote:
"mario_dc" wrote:
Thanks for posting this as a topic. I agree that there has to be a way to bypass the Kwese Play service option on the Roku. I'm currently sitting with two units and the tech in me is refusing to believe that they are bricked due to 3rd party incompetence. I've been in discussion with the retail chain that sold me the unit, but would happily give a hard code restart to one of them as a test.

Hi Mario, have you had any luck? It would be great if there was a way to re-flash these to the stock Roku system.

Unfortunately not - but I haven't really tried either. Was trying to get a refund first and that's not going to happen. So I'll start playing around with it - not very hopeful though.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Roku Guru

"mario_dc" wrote:

After this debacle I won't be using anything Roku either. 

Why.  They had nothing to do with your provider going tits up.  If they provided their firmware to you, there's no way for you to flash it anyway.
0 Kudos
zubbhead
Visitor

So I'm super late to the party.

Most routers allow you to connect to a VPN or use some sort of proxy, so wouldn't this work by allowing you to connect to a UK or US roku server?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

"zubbhead" wrote:
So I'm super late to the party.

Most routers allow you to connect to a VPN or use some sort of proxy, so wouldn't this work by allowing you to connect to a UK or US roku server?

Roku does not allow discussion of using VPN (or anything else) for circumventing geo-restrictions. 
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
2pints
Roku Guru

Even if you did try jumping around any geo restrictions, the unit would probably still look for a Kwese play server/ connection first.
 Its a sham there is/appears to be no way to manually flash Roku software, as it would help in situations like this, you could try asking Roku support, but you probably wont get that far, as  your customer support is with Kwese play/whatever and not Roku.
 You could try the shop you bought it from, if you havent had it that long, and depending upon local consumer rights laws.
Again its a shame that Roku havent  released any flashing tools, and/or are unwilling to release such devices as it all adds up to yet more e-waste poluting the world.
0 Kudos
Johanplay
Reel Rookie

Ok so I stripped an kwese play and the motherboard looks exactly like a roku3 board with minor difference on 1 or 2 chips. Is there a way to manually point the device to a roku3 software update?

0 Kudos
nouriazadeh
Reel Rookie

How can I remove kwese TV channel from list of channel on my Roku streamer. It is not working and function of removing is not listed.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the inquiry, @nouriazadeh.

You may delete the channels from your TV. On your TV, highlight the channel and press the * button to manage the subscription and cancel the subscription. There will then be an option to remove the channel from Your Roku device. 

For more information about how to remove channels from your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, we recommend contacting your device provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
nouriazadeh
Reel Rookie

kwese app on Roku, not working and there is no command for getting rid of it.

how can i get rid of kwese app on my Roku account? there is no command for remove in the set up, and  all directive from Roku service does  not help to remove this app.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: kwese app on Roku, not working and there is no command for getting rid of it.

Hi there @nouriazadeh,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you want to know how to remove your installed channel, is that correct?

Have you tried the steps I posted above to see if they answer your inquiry?

Here are the easy steps on how to Remove channels from within your channel lineup.

1. Press Home home button on your Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove
  3. Press Star star button on your Roku remote on your remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted

For more information, see this additional resource: How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If you still need help, please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos