Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: how to use my ROKU device to replace my DVR/Spectrum Box

Jump to solution

@tedsown  please read the thread. Links are posted. This has nothing to do with Roku. Everything you need to know is right on the Spectrum website

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/cdvr-faq/

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tedsown Spectrum is blowing you off. Roku has nothing to do with how the Spectrum channel works on a Roku device. Spectrum provides and supports their channel/app on Roku devices. Roku is merely the platform. The same answer applies to the app on a Fire TV, Apple TV, or any other device. The app provider is responsible for the functionality of their app.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mike551

Jump to solution

After reading all of the replies, it looks like i cannot see my cloud DVR content on anything other than my PC, Correct?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@mike551, did you read the Spectrum FAQ?
https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/cdvr-faq/

It states you can view it via the Spectrum app on any number of platforms.  If your "Cloud DVR" service isn't through Spectrum then this thread doesn't apply to you.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tiffeny

Jump to solution

I had the same experience. Spectrum said they had cloud DVR and I needed a Roku to access it. I bought a Roku and then called Spectrum to ask them how to access their cloud DVR with it. After about a half hour of messing around the tech finally said I should call Roku. It was actually his way of saying he didn't know how to do it (if it was possible at all) and get rid of me. I still don't have it working. 

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Maybe if you say something more specific than “messing around” someone will have a clue as to what to suggest.  Like a specific set of steps and a specific result.  Admittedly, even then, most of us will only be guessing, since most of us don’t have Spectrum service.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@tiffeny have you installed the Spectrum TV channel on your Roku? It is here in the channel store. How you configure it, I have no idea. But you need to use this channel to access everything Spectrum offers on a Roku device. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
WillGloy

Jump to solution

I know this is a old thread but since I just moved to a Roku and ran into the same question, I wanted to post how you can access the spectrum cloud from the app.

Once you load the spectrum app, you need to press the back button on the roku remote, this will bring up a screen that allows you access the DVR for the cloud.  

Would be nice if specturm could clearly document this since there is no mention of using the back button on the remote in the guide or any where else I could find in their documentation.  🙂

Old_Fart_61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can't use the Roku device to replace the DVR box. What you can do is to sign up for Cloud DVR and with that replace the DVR box. If you get the Cloud50 you can record 50 shows at once and keep the 50 shows for 6 months. Then the oldest one will be deleted.  

0 Kudos
Old_Fart_61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to your local Spectrum store with your DVR box if you have one. Tell them you want the Cloud DVR services. They will activate that on your account. I can take up to 24 hours to take effect, I hear. Then through the Roku on the TV or the app on your phone or tablet you can setup the shows you want to record.

0 Kudos