Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buggz

how to separate antenna and Live TV?

How do make a separate Antenna *ONLY* selection.?
One that is separate from the Live TV streams from Roku?

The issue is, when network is lost, you are forced to rescan the antenna channels, as they are also lost on network connection not available.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: how to separate antenna and Live TV?

If you’re referring to the Antenna input, only the RokuTV sets have a separate Antenna section.  Stand-alone Roku devices attached to TV sets or monitors via HDMI or A/V do not have a separate Antenna section, because those devices only have output ports.

If your Roku device is a stand-alone Roku and not a RokuTV set, then I do not think it is possible to make a separate Antenna input section.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
buggz

Thanks, it is a Roku TV, not device.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

I’m not too familiar with how the Antenna section is added on RokuTV sets.  I’m going to have to tag @RokuKariza-D so that he can explain to you more about this.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There is a setting to hide the IP channels from the grid and only show your OTA channels. I don't have a Roku TV handy to look at right at this time, so I can't say exactly where it's located in the Settings menu.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar

@buggz 

On your RokuTV, go to Settings/TV Inputs/AntennaTV*/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels (click to enable).

* - The AntennaTV mentioned above may also be called LiveTV by default.  You can rename this OTA/Antenna Input in Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV/Rename

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

buggz

Thanks, I’ve seen the hide Roku Live TV channels.

However, I don’t think this is the same as having separate entries.

I am wanting an Antenna ONLY, and a Roku Live selection.

Guess this can’t be performed…

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@buggz  So based on your statement, I’m guessing that you bought a defective RokuTV set.  What brand/model is the set?

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@buggz 

The way to have seperate "entries" is to perform the procedure mentioned above.  It is the same as having two entries.

If you have the Live TV channel icon on your Home Screen, just rename it as indicated above to Antenna. (not a necessary step but will keep the names distinct).  Then "hide" the streaming channels as described above through the Settings.

Now, when you want to watch local OTA/Antenna TV, you will just select the Antenna icon from Home Screen and your Guide will only have your OTA/Antenna Channels.

When you want to watch Roku Live TV, you can either watch through the Roku Channel and select Live TV, or you can select Live TV from the Menu on the Left of of the Home Screen, or you can add the Roku LiveTV shortcut to your Home Screen. (LiveTV on the Roku Channel).  This shortcut will take you to the Roku LiveTV and not the Roku Channel.

---

The Methods described above has you going into Settings.  This is not the same as pressing the * button, Managing Channels, and hiding individual channels.

[Edit].... You may have to add the LiveTV(Antenna) Input to your Home Screen if you are not seeing it. (Settings/TV Inputs) and look for the LiveTV Input.  Roku made this unneccesarily confusing by naming everything  LiveTV in its last OS update.  

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

atc98092

@buggz wrote:

I am wanting an Antenna ONLY, and a Roku Live selection.

Yep, there's no way to separate them into different menu options. I think the closest you can come is to only display the OTA channels under Live TV, and then access the IP channels from within The Roku Channel. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.