Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to project livestream from acer cb5-312t to tcl roku tv 43s425 using hdmi cable?

How to project livestream from Acer cb5-312t to tcl Roku TV 43s425 using HDMI cable?  Roku does not support Cast, so I would like to disable Cast from the Acer.  While I can work with some Cast-enabled videos (e.g.: YouTube) I would like to project livestream and on-demand video from my Acer to the Roku TV.  Using HDMI cable should be as plain vanilla as it gets!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: how to project livestream from acer cb5-312t to tcl roku tv 43s425 using hdmi cable?

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm understanding your request, but I connect my laptop to my TV often via HDMI.  Basically, all I have to do is connect it.  However, if I want to get fancy, I can press one of the function keys on laptop to decide if the second screen (TV) duplicates the laptop screen, or is a second (different) screen, or if the laptop screen should turn off.  (One of those options may be to disable the HDMI entirely so you would want to make sure that isn't set.)

I've never thought of this in terms of casting or mirroring, but rather just "video out".

Of course, the TV needs to be set to whatever input is connected.

0 Kudos