Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhesmana17
Reel Rookie

how to flash firmware of roku stick

Does anyone know how to flash a roku firmware?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to flash firmware of roku stick

@Jhesmana17 

What problem are you trying to solve?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jhesmana17
Reel Rookie

Hi...I have a roku stick coming from my internet provider...i bought it through them and unfortunately their contract with roku already ended so my roku only giving me a notification message for the service agreement that ended already...

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Jhesmana17 

What ISP sold you a Roku? Is it a Roku, or a custom device built by Roku? Some overseas ISPs have done that.

Tell us more about that device. What is the model number? That should be on the physical device. If you can access a menu, Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Jhesmana17 wrote:

Hi...I have a roku stick coming from my internet provider...i bought it through them and unfortunately their contract with roku already ended so my roku only giving me a notification message for the service agreement that ended already...

There is no known way to "jailbreak" a Roku device, which is what you're asking to do. Unfortunately, those devices that were provided by ISPs are not usable if the ISP stops supporting them. I'm just guessing, but the agreement that Roku had with the ISP prohibits offering an official way to update the Roku with the normal OS. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.