Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redappleone
Roku Guru

how to add a google account to a roku television

Jump to solution

how can i add a google account to a roku television so that it shows here: https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to add a google account to a roku television

Jump to solution

@redappleone 

If you log in to an app -- YouTube TV, YouTube, other Google owned apps -- on the Roku device, it will show up there. If you don't log in to a Google app on the Roku device, it won't show. And, it will probably show by the Roku model number. I'm logged in to YouTube on my Roku Ultra, and it shows as 4660RW, since that's the model number. I'm also logged in on my Streambar, and it shows as 9102RW, since that's the model number.

But, to reiterate, you don't log in to the device. You log in to apps on the device, such as YouTube.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@redappleone 

What are you trying to do? Add an app?

You don't log in to Google on the device itself. If there is an app that ties to Google, such as YouTube TV or YouTube, you would log in within the app.

Please explain what it is you're trying to accomplish. What's the goal? Yeah, you said "add Google" but that's not a thing you do as written. Why do you think you need to "add Google" and what do you think it will accomplish?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

to make it so that my roku television appears here: https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@redappleone 

If you log in to an app -- YouTube TV, YouTube, other Google owned apps -- on the Roku device, it will show up there. If you don't log in to a Google app on the Roku device, it won't show. And, it will probably show by the Roku model number. I'm logged in to YouTube on my Roku Ultra, and it shows as 4660RW, since that's the model number. I'm also logged in on my Streambar, and it shows as 9102RW, since that's the model number.

But, to reiterate, you don't log in to the device. You log in to apps on the device, such as YouTube.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

how many google owned apps are there?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@redappleone wrote:

how many google owned apps are there?

Don't know. Contact Google and ask them: https://about.google/contact-google/

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The only one with Google in it's name has been shutdown for good on June 16 of this year, that was Google Play. What's left are YouTube and youtube tv.

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

are those two google owned apps the only remaining google owned apps in the roku channel store?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
redappleone
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

what about google play movies and tv?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@redappleone wrote:

what about google play movies and tv?

As @Tivoburkee said, the service was shut down last month by Google. The app in inoperative.

DBDukes

0 Kudos