Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puzzled1
Binge Watcher

having to reactivate my Roku account

I have two Roku express units operating on a wireless router.  We have been having problems on both recently.  One of the units developed repeated problems powering up.  The situation is deteriorating. Now when I try to power up, it thinks that the account has never been activated, and goes through the initial activation process.  Many times, I don't get the onscreen keyboard and have to power down and power back up.  When I do get the onscreen keyboard and can proceed, I select the router link, but it does not recognize the router password.  How should I proceed?

16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: having to reactivate my Roku account

Hi @Puzzled1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how your Roku Express is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Puzzled1
Binge Watcher

I went through the activation process, including inputting an email address and getting a link to activate.  Went through the entire process, and the roku unit indicated it was done.  Icons were there for all the previous channels, but when I tried to run any, the Roku unit indicated it couldn't reload the channel from the network.  So I removed a channel and added it back, but the unit indicated that it couldn't load the channel from the network.

Puzzled1
Binge Watcher

My Roku is plugged into 110 v wall voltage

0 Kudos
Puzzled1
Binge Watcher

I've tried reactivating the unit at least four times. I've tried resetting the unit.  I've tried doing a factory reset.  Nothing has worked.  It now seems to be in a perpetual reactivation loop.  I am completely at a loss.  Any guidance?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Puzzled1

Appreciate the details. 

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found underneath the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Puzzled1
Binge Watcher

7G2697945131

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Puzzled1

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Puzzled1
Binge Watcher

My Roku device now working.

Don't know for sure what made the difference.

Don't know if something changed on your end or if it was the one thing I did differently

- I did noticed that your system was having network connection problems recently.

In previous attempts, at the beginning of the activation procedure, the characters "Roku Express"

were automatically in the field for device name, so I just left it as it was.

This morning, I did an online search for a fix.

Found a detailed discussion of the activation procedure online, and noticed that the detailed procedure indicated that I was to name the device and the name could be anything.

This morning I initiated an activation and replaced "Roku Express" with a name for my device.

The activation process completed and loaded in my channels.

I checked several channels and they were working.

As I mentioned, I don't know if it was the one thing I did differently or it was something you did,  but, regardless, my Roku is working now.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Molly2

I'm currently having the same issue. I have been restarting my router and roku for about a week. i spoke to my internet provider and they conducted system checks and there are no issues on their end. i restarted and now im at the language screen in the start up and i cant get past inputing password,

0 Kudos