Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can't disable roku talking when I adjust the TV volume

Jump to solution

This didn't work for us.  We also tried pressing * sign 4 times. No luck!

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sshort92891

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Or the issue occurs even when not streaming any channels on your Roku device? 

You may also refer to this link: How to enable closed captioning

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
F250
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you have an LG TV, and press the mute button on the Roku remote for more than 1-2 seconds, the TV will enable "Audio Guidance". It will then talk to you. This will also happen if you press the mute button on the TV remote. You will need to use the TV remote to access Accessibility settings / Audio Guidance to turn it off. Watch where your finger press the sides of the Roku remote when you pick it up. If you're picking it up with your right hand, then your middle finger lands right on top of the mute button! The volume and mute buttons should never have been placed on the side. They are always being pressed when the remote is picked up!

Hope this helps to silence the talking TV issue.

Steve B

Author27

Jump to solution

Thanks! The Roku talking was driving us crazy. Had tried to turn off the accessibility voice a half dozen times with no luck. Finally saw the post that I had probably, somehow, someway, turned on the TV voice. Just turned it off on the TV!!! 

0 Kudos
LadyTosh

Jump to solution

This "SOLUTION" didn't work for me. Anyone else figure this out? It's making me crazy!

0 Kudos
Carina07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Does your TV have its own remote? You should use your TV remote and go into settings and accessibilities for the disabled to turn this option off. I imagine it could be labeled differently depending on  what brand TV you have. That would be my recommendation. I found that though the talking commands turned on when I quickly was trying to mute the TV with the Roku remote; I actually had to turn off that feature with my TV remote. I hope this will work for you.

LadyTosh

Jump to solution

I can't figure out how to do that...sorry I'm old. Can you help me?

0 Kudos
LadyTosh

Jump to solution

I got it figured out - thanks!

Carina07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Glad you got it figured out!!👍

0 Kudos