Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imackersie

Worthless right out of the box

Just got a new TCL 55S21 on black friday sale from Wal-Mart. On initial startup it shows the TCL Roku screen then goes to a black screen and has a small white box flashing in the lower left corner showing multiple codes.

I can get to the home screen by pressing the home button. But there is a USB Update icon that is persistent and can't be removed. Connected to wi-fi. Ran update. Current OS shows as: 10.5.0 build 4201-93 (MFG).

I have 2 of these tvs. One works just fine and shows the OS without the (MFG). The one that doesn't work also won't install channels. Prompts that it's "out of space". Removed ALL channels and still same issue. Allowed me to install Discovery+, Paramount+, Hulu, Disney+, HBOMax, Tubi, and ESPN. When trying to open them it flashes the loading screen then goes back to the home screen. I have ran update on each one and it reads that they are all up to date.

Have tried to get the OS downloaded to USB but roku site says the model format is incorrect.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it before it becomes a $300 shooting target?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Worthless right out of the box

Try a factory reset:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos