Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snowcatt

Will a Ultra 4800X Rewind Live TV?

I'd like to cut the cable company cord but we're addicted to being able to rewind live TV.  Can our Ultra 4800X do this with a jump drive in the USB port?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will a Ultra 4800X Rewind Live TV?

No, the Ultra does not have a TV tuner, so it in no way interacts with the TV tuner. A Roku TV supports pausing and rewinding live TV when a USB drive is attached to the TV. But there's no way an external player such as any Roku, Fire TV, or any other streaming player could do so.

I will throw one caveat at that: if you have a networked tuner, such as a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun, the channel SD offers for Roku devices does permit that I believe. But I think it requires adding a hard drive to the network tuner. I have such as tuner on my network, but I don't tend to use it for direct OTA viewing. I instead have it linked to a home theater PC and use it for OTA recording. Therefore I don't have a hard drive connected to mine, since the HTPC handles all of that.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos